Last Modified on 11/30/2020
For those in the European Union, we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as controller of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
Information collected by us:We collect the following information from you when you submit an entry form for the Event (your “Contact Information”):
- First and last name
- Email address
- Studio location
We may collect the following information from you and each member of your studio when you win a prize in the Event (your “Fulfillment Information”):
- First and last name
- Home or studio address (to send any physical prizes)
We collect the following information from you when you vote for the Audience Award in the Event (your “Voting Information”):
- Email address
- Operating system information
- Browser information
- IP address
- Other related device information that helps us keep the voting process fair.
Our legal basis for collecting all of the above personal data is to fulfill a contract under GDPR Art. 6 (1) (b).
We may also collect information related to your Event entry, such as the game name, description, platform, etc., which is not personally identifiable but is necessary for judging and for operating the Event.
How we use your personal information:
- We use your Contact Information to process your entry and send you information about the Event, including updates and notifications (including, for example, if you’ve been chosen as a nominee or prize winner), for any technical or other support related to the Event, and other Event-related purposes. Your name, studio name, and location (state or country) may be shared with the public if you are a nominee or prize winner, as well.
- We may use your Contact Information to send you promotional messages related to the Event. These emails will include instructions to opt out, but doing so may limit our ability to contact you if you win a prize or for other important Event-related announcements.
- We use your Voting Information to collect and process any votes you cast for the Audience Award and other public voting related to the Event.
Who we share your personal information with:We may share your personal information (your full name and email address) with the sponsors of the Event, if the sponsor are fulfilling prizes directly. However, in most cases, these promotional partners will collect any required personal information from you directly to fulfill the prizes.
In addition to the above, we will share your personal information if we have a good faith belief that (i) access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, such as a court order or subpoena, or a request by law enforcement or governmental authorities, (ii) such action is necessary to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues associated with the Event, or (iii) such action is appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of Unfold Games, its employees, clients, or Event entrants.
We will not share your personal information with any other third party.
How long your personal information will be kept:We will keep your personal information for the length of time required to operate the Event or until you request its deletion, unless a longer retention period is required by law. Afterwards, we delete all such data in our possession within a reasonable timeframe.
We do not verify the correctness of personal data that we collect or that you provide.
Please note that some data may be retained, if necessary, to resolve disputes, enforce Event-related agreements, and comply with technical and legal requirements related to the security and operation of the Event.
Children's Privacy:You must be at least 13 years of age to participate in the Event (we require a Parental Consent Form to be sent for Entrants and their team members who are between 13 and 18 years of age.). Because of this, we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13.
In addition, we may limit how we collect, use, and store some of the personal information of EU users between 13 and 16.
The laws of the United States, Germany, and Bulgaria governing data collection and use may not be as comprehensive or protective as the laws of the country where you live.
If you would like further information, please contact us (see “How to contact us” below).
Under the GDPR, EU residents have several important rights:
- You can request a copy of your personal data
- You can ask us to correct that personal data, delete it, or request that we use it only for certain purposes.
- If you’ve consented to our processing, you can change your mind and ask us to stop using your personal data. For example, you can unsubscribe from our mailing list at any time – just click the link in each marketing email.
- In some circumstances, you can ask us not to use automated processing or profiling about you.
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may ask for additional info to verify that you’re the owner of that data. Also, in some cases where the law requires it, we may not be able to help with the above requests.
Any personal information we collect and store through the Event website is encrypted by an SSL protocol. Additionally, as an applicant, you'll be never asked for a password when creating an entry. Once your entry is submitted, it is securely stored in our database.
If you are an EU resident, the GDPR also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live, or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred.
What are cookies?Cookies are simple text files that are stored on your computer or mobile device by a website’s server. Each cookie is unique to your web browser. It will contain some anonymous information such as a unique identifier, website’s domain name, and some digits and numbers.
What types of cookies do we use?We use Necessary Cookies, which allows us to offer you the best possible experience when browsing the website and filling out forms. No personally identifiable information is stored in those cookies.
During the Audience Award voting process, we might use Analytical Cookies to ensure that the voting process is as fair as it can be. Using this type of cookies allows us to detect and reduce fraudulent / repeated votes.
How to delete cookies?If you want to restrict or block the cookies that are set by our website, you can do so through your browser setting. Alternatively, you can visit internetcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers and devices. You will find general information about cookies and details on how to delete cookies from your device.